Sunday, March 1, 2009

Beans Town Wrap Up

I liked Boston, I suppose, but in general it's a city with too many ghosts for my taste.

Oh, you didn't know I have a sixth sense?

Yep. I do.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that I see dead people. I just sort of have a sense about where dead people might like to congregate if they were dead and bored. And I think there are a lot of bored dead guys in Boston.

For example:

The Graveyard on Tremont Street--I am a homebody. That means that I like to stay home as much as possible and just be lazy. Going out takes a lot of effort. So I don't. I am alive. If I were dead, I would probably be just as lazy, and hang out at the cemetary. Hence: The Graveyard on Tremont Street being a hotbed for paranormal activity. I know people talk about Puritan work ethic....but I figure there had to have been SOME lazy colonists.

The Boston Commons--A lot of people were hanged here. That is a violent way to die. Still, if I had to be hanged, it would be nice to be hanged in a place that 300 years later became a pretty sweet park. There are a lot of musicians and balloon-animal makers in Boston Commons. Why wouldn't a dead guy want to hang out?

The Old South Meeting House--It was a big meeting house during the 18th century. You think dead people keep up with the times? You think just because it's 2009, all those dead revolutionaries just decided to start hanging out in the food court at the Prudential Center all the sudden? No. They are still chilling in the Old South Meeting House.

The Dunkin Donuts on State Street--I don't know. I just have a feeling about that place.

When I was doing the Freedom Trail, the pamphlet said that parts of the trail were supposedly haunted, and that visitor's experienced "unexplained gusts of cold air."

Uhm.

It's BOSTON.

Of COURSE there are gusts of cold air.

It just goes to show you, you can't believe ALL the paranormal claptrap you hear. 

Clairvoyantly,
Earlene

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

on a paddle boat once i swear i was attacked by a flock of angry dead swans! i could her them and see the splashing, but i couldnt see the source! of COURSE ghost ducks would still hang out there.